Thursday, December 3, 2009

Contest Advice

Beacon Adhesives decided to run a contest-a simple thing. Just use a Beacon product, send me a pic and a bit about how you put it together. It could be a card, a craft, a costume, an ornament-if you can glue it, send it in. We packed this beautiful basket chock full of Beacon products,glitter and other goodies. I prettied it up with a bow that I was quite proud of. I have never been very good when it came to bows, but I googled and found a simple bow tutorial that turned me into an expert in nothing flat. Took a picture, started facebooking and tweeting about this wonderful basket. Win a prize, y'all! It's easy! Take this opportunity to show even more people your work, or your hobby.

I figured I would get so many submissions that I would have a hard time picking a winner. There are a gazillion crafty creative people out there, and from what I have heard, free ANYTHING is a great draw. Here's a basket waiting to be claimed. Lots of great product inside to create even more wondrous things.

Thud. Not one entry. I tweeted. I facebooked. Nary a word, a message, an attempt at entering the contest. Where did I go wrong? Are the project links on our Facebook too intimidating? Even though I have tons of Facebook friends, do people ignore my posts? Do they even know we have this contest? Are crafters shy? Does it feel like Beacon Adhesives is just a Facebook page with nobody real behind it?
Baby, where did I go wrong? I need advice. I can take criticism. I would love to know how to improve my interactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment